What are Environ Peels?
The principles of Environ peels are based on physiology of skin cells, these are to be protected and treated very well.
If the skin cells is aggressively peeled this disrupts the skins natural barrier and water will easily be lost and environmental toxins can enter the skin more easily.
Hence Environ peels remove the excess horny layer of the skin and yet maintain the water-proofing barrier qualities of the skin.
Environ Peels are ideal for hydrating and refining; they repair cells and encourage cell exfoliation revealing fresh and youthful skin. Especially effective to treat scarring, rough textured, sun damage, acne and rosacea.
You must be on the homecare range for a minimum of 3 weeks to prepare the skin before commencing treatment but, in some cases of active acne it is possible to have this treatment without using the products first, however I strongly recommend using Environ products afterwards for best results and a course of 6-8 treatments may be recommended.
How do Environ Peels Work?
Environ have a variety of peeling systems, using acidic creams and gels instead of using acid solutions.
These peels preserve as much epidermis as possible while at the same time, getting the safest effective concentration of hydronium ions into the dermis.
Environ peels are designed to preserve the architecture of the skin simultaneously stimulating the fibroblasts in the dermis to increase the quantity of collagen in the dermis.
What Skin Issues do Environ Peels Treat?
• Environ peels are an ideal way to treat acne that has not responded to prior simple treatments.
• Rough skin will respond very successfully to peeling and skin that is in need of hydrating.
• Wrinkles and fine lines.
• Solar keratoses (known as age spots)
What will my Skin feel like During and After my Environ Peel?
During your Environ peel, you may experience a warm, tingling sensation, however most clients experience no discomfort. After your peel, your skin may feel tight and slightly warm.
How Long do Environ Peels Take?
Environ peels of the face are generally performed in approximately 30 to 60 minutes. However, this will vary if it is combined with a facial or if it is done as a stand-alone treatment.
During the consultation at Eternal beauty advanced skincare clinic I would be able to direct you as to how to go about the procedure. Generally one would need a series of peels to treat a specific condition.
How long after an Environ Peel may I return to Normal Activities?
•You must avoid sun exposure and sun beds. •Avoid exercise for the 24 hours after your peel and do not pick, scratch or peel your skin. •Make up can be applied immediately.
•You may experience mild redness or tingling following your peel.
•One to three days following your procedure, you will notice mild to moderate peeling of the skin that can be concealed with the use of makeup.
ENVIRON’S APPROACH TO PEELING
Cool Peeling with Environ
Environ peeling systems that I use are based on
• Lactic Acid which is an Alpha Hydroxy Acid, made from asses milk,(Lac-Pamgel),
• TCA (tri-chloracetic acid), which is a man-made chemical based on acetic acid. These are very safe and allergic reactions or serious medical complications have never been described, (TCA Pamgels) and
• TCA (tri-chloracetic acid) which Environ pioneered in a cream as a peeling agent to give a controlled, even, safe and effective peel. (Acid Cream Mask – ACM)
Advantages of the Environ Peel:
• Versatile system
• Can be customised according to each client’s requirements
• No down time
• Cool and painless
Why are Environ Peels Different?
Environ is different from other companies producing peels, because Environ pioneered the production of acidic creams and gels instead of using acid solutions.
Since strong acid solutions are usually colourless, one might end up doing a deeper peel than intended as one would not be able to see where the skin has been treated once the solution dries. Also, when a strong acid is applied to the skin it burns a great deal.
Hence Environ made the ACM peels that are white creams:
• The concentration of acid used is low, so one cannot make a peel too deep unless one is careless.
• The product is left on the skin for a longer time – this gives the same effects as a strong concentration of acid without damaging the skin.
• A thicker layer can be applied, which would present more acid to the skin than a thin layer will – hence the peel can be made deeper if required, but this can be controlled.
• The white cream allows the therapist to see exactly where the acid has been applied, and one can also determine the thickness of the application.
•This means the therapist can control the concentration of acid used, and the thickness of the application.
•This versatile peeling system means that it is ‘fine-tuned’ by controlling the time that the peeling agent is left on the skin.
•This is a slower treatment than using a solution, but the safety and versatility are unparalleled.
Environ has also pioneered the thick low concentration acid gel (TCA-Pamgel):
• The revolutionary concept here is that the evaporation of water from the gel will cool the skin while the acid penetrates, so it makes it a ‘cool peel’.
• Also the acid is applied in layers. This helps to increase the concentration of the acid, without lowering the pH of the skin.
Skin concerns to treat with peels:
Peels for softening wrinkles:-
Deep peels destroy the epidermis (upper skin) to make more collagen in the Dermis (lower skin) Serial light peels minimise the destruction of the epidermis.
Peels for problematic skin (acne):-
Peeling agents sterilize acne pustules as a result of the acid pH. A weak acid like lactic or glycolic acid is all that is needed to control the infection and stop the acne eruption almost immediately.
I highly recommended Environ peels for problematic skin before resorting to antibiotics or Roaccutane, etc.
Effects of Peeling
• Superficial peels: visible effects barely perceptible
• Skin becomes dryer for a while
• Then skin becomes smoother
• Healthy cells survive
• Damaged cells are removed
• Promotes collagen formation
• Blackheads melted / removed
• Acne less active
• Reduces inflammation
• Kills bacteria to sterilize the skin
• Refines enlarged pores.
Care of Skin After Peeling
• Avoid sun exposure, including sun beds, for the next week
• Avoid exercise for 24 hours
• Avoid swimming – chemicals could irritate the skin
• Don’t rub, pick or irritate skin
• Do not use any Alpha Hydroxy products for 24 hours (normal skin) or 72 hours (sensitive skin)
• Avoid Alpha Cream for 1 week before and after an Environ peel
• Moisturize the skin adequately day and night. The B-Active range can be used immediately after the peel.
• Use sunscreen.
Contra-indications to Peeling
• Not adequately prepared on Vitamin A (3 weeks face and body)
• Sun worshippers / sun bed users / outdoor athletes (avoid peeling in summer)
• Iso-tretinoin (Roaccutane) avoid for 6 – 12 months
• Recent dermabrasion
• Diabetes or other major illnesses – GP Consent
• Skin diseases
• Radiation treatment
• Fever blisters (not a contra-indication but an outbreak can occur)
• On Vitamin A treatments e.g. Tigason
• Unrealistic expectations.
Where can I receive an Environ Cool Peel?
At my skin-care clinic in Lisburn where you will be assessed by a fully trained skin professional who has over 20 years’ experience in dealing with and treating a range of skin problems such as acne, pigmentation, ageing, lines and wrinkles and skin tightening. I am fully trained in a range of massage techniques including Swedish full body massage, Aromatherapy Massage, Deep tissue Recovery Massage and Reflexology.
Contact me for a free consultation 😊
Eternal Beauty Skin Care Clinic
4 The Close